E.C.S. is registered to REX – Registered Export System
On August 2019, E.C.S. SRL obtained the registration to REX – Registered Export System.
The REX system aims to eliminate Form-A certificates, replacing them with declarations of origin made by suppliers recognized as “Registered Exporters” by foreign customs authorities.
As a matter of fact, E.C.S. SRL is entitled to make out a statement on origin which is a declaration of origin added on commercial documents.
This registration allows to E.C.S. Customers, placed in Canada and in Japan, to save taxes for the goods which have preferential origin.
What is REX System in export?
The REX system is a web application, accessed via a username and password from the internet. It is based on the principle of self-certification, by economic operators, of the declarations of origin.
To access REX System the applicant company needs to be registered, by the competent customs authority, in a special database (constantly updated). Being subscribed to this database allows the applicant to become a registered exporter.
More precisely the steps to follow to obtain registration are the following:
- The exporter submits the application to the territorially competent Customs Office, which assigns a REX number and registers the exporter in the REX database.
- The competent authorities notify the exporter of the registration in the database.
- The validity of the registration in the REX database has no time limits.
The exporter established in the EU territory has the right to file an application to become a registered exporter in the area of bilateral trade agreements between the EU and THIRD COUNTRIES (Currently CANADA and JAPAN).
A Registered Exporter is assigned a REX number consisting of 35 alphanumeric characters. This number, for an Italian exporter is compound by:
- ISO country code – IT
- EORI number of the economic operator
Benefits of working with an exporter registered to REX
Working with an exporter registered to REX – Registered Export System, has some significant advantages:
- shippers can self-certify the Declaration of Origin of goods exporting to the EU under the GSP Program, resulting in reduced costs of export operations.
- simplification of export formalities by allowing registered exporters to directly certify preferential origin by means of an invoice declaration. This means a great time saving.
since the procedure is carried out electronically, the risk of loss of Form during the transit of the shipment is reduced to a minimum.
All the comfort of working with E.C.S.
In the past years at E.C.S. we have faced the procedures for recognition as Approved Exporter, Approved Place and the registration to REX – Registered Export System, with the clear goal of improving the service offered to our customers.
Thanks to the experience that our staff gained over the years and the in-depth knowledge of the subject we successfully obtained the Approved Exporter status and the registration to REX – Registered Export System in 2019, and Approved Place status in 2020.
We are now able to guarantee our customers all the comfort of Simplified Procedure managed by our internal operators. We can offer our customers:
- Faster handling and fewer delays in logistic trade flows
- Speed and simplification of the customs bureaucracy
- Substantial time savings
- Immediate handling of problems and emergencies